Saturday, June 8, 2013

Is It Really That Difficult to Eat Healthy?

Why do I find it so hard to eat healthy? It is really that hard? I have very strong will power in a lot of areas. I think... I force myself to do things when I don't feel well; I force myself to be productive when I want to be lazy; I force myself to... or was that the old me?

No matter. Eating the 'right' way has always been difficult for me, regardless of how am in other areas of my life right now!

What is your biggest little hangup in life? Calling your mom? Going to your in-laws for the holidays? Watching your spouse indulge in that last piece of you name it because you wanted it instead but s/he didn't know it? Or worse, did know it?

The problem is that I become accustomed to handling even the biggest of my little hangups. And 'handling' is not always the best way to address something, in my opinion. I mean, I would actually rather not just get used to seeing the 'love handles' and protruding belly on myself, regardless of people's eye rolls and other kind tactics used to make me feel better. And calling my mom? Why can't it be an enjoyable phone call? I try to call people when I am already in a good - or at least content - mood in order to have a good conversation. That's not so hard. Learn how to end a conversation before it gets sour, that's all. (I know, sometimes that can be hard. Learn.) Going to the in-laws? Be glad you don't live with them and will be returning to your own home soon! ha

Truthfully, I have all this nice organic produce in my fridge, threatening to go bad if I don't eat it. Why haven't I or my husband cooked it? I for one don't know what to put with it that he will eat (i.e.; what kind of boring old meat will he want that I will have to mess with today) and he, despite being a good cook, really has to be in the mood to do it.  So I have asparagus, onion, cabbage - all things he likes. And non-organic (because I couldn't find any) cucumber and carrots (which I hear are excellent for the kidneys!) - things I like. (I also like onion.) What to do, what to do.

And I froze some lettuce, per poor college girl's on a budget idea but it looks terrible. I don't think I will try it. I think I will just throw it out. Maybe it's only good for a day or two when frozen.

I DID, however, freeze 1/2 of the fresh strawberries my toddler and I picked from a nearby farm the other day, though! That was a new adventure for him so that was fun! We have eaten some and are working on the the rest of that first half. Picked so many because he just didn't want to stop!

I have requested a few guest posts... now I am expecting a few replies to this one in response! I don't want all my lovely veggies to go bad!

As my cuz'n says - smugs! (Smiles and Hugs)

No comments:

Post a Comment